Getting you the
support you need.
Many people are able to get funding for care, we will help you get the maximum support.
Whilst many people have the resources to buy in the care they want, many are also eligible for Social Services funding towards the costs of care, we will help you get the maximum support available. Packages of care supported by Social Services are partly-funded, based on your levels of need and financial circumstances. Detailed information can be obtained in this factsheet
- What’s important to you, and what you can do for yourself
- How can your family and local community support you
- What’s difficult for you, and how could support help you to overcome any problems
Specifically, you may have concerns about your health, medicines, personal care, sight, hearing, emotional well-being, managing your home, social activities, feeling in need of company or just getting out of the house.
The Social Worker will talk to you about claiming and making use of benefits, such as Disability Living Allowance, so you are able to pay for support. They will also talk to you about how equipment and technology could help you around the home and keep you safe and independent, and how this can be arranged.
The Social Care Worker will assess whether you can do things such as:
- Prepare and eat food and drinks without any help
- Keep yourself or your clothes clean
- Manage your toilet needs
- Dress yourself properly
- Move around safely
- Keep your home clean and safe
- Keep in contact with other people
- Take part in activities like work, volunteering or learning
- Use local services, such as buses or shops
- Carry out any caring responsibilities you have
The assessment will take into account how your care and support needs affect your wellbeing.
- Relationships with family and friends
- Physical and mental health
- Keeping safe
- Having enough money
- Having a good place to live
- Being able to control your daily life
All care packages will involve some cost to you. We can agree a package which meets your wishes without any discussion with Social Care if you would not qualify for financial support. Take a look at our list of services and how we can support you.
We can advise if you are likely to qualify for support and we can assist you in that process. Once Social Care have made their decision regarding what level of care they will support, you are still free to increase that package, but the ‘extra’ hours would be fully paid by yourself.
For more detail about this process or any other questions regarding financial support of your
care please call us on 0114 2134 945.