a difference today
Temporary Administration Assistant – South
Intercare provides high-quality homecare services to people living in many localities in Sheffield. We believe everyone should be able to lead a full and healthy life regardless of age or ailments.
What does high quality mean?
Quite simply, effective home care is more than just helping with the daily routine. Our Care Workers give continuity in personal relationships, support with personal care and domestic tasks, but also offer wider support such as making GP or other appointments and helping at those appointments if needed.
We can do this because we are part of the Primary Care Sheffield group, owned by the GPs of Sheffield, with a social purpose; care comes before profit. We are all about people – the best Carers give the best service and have the best job satisfaction at the end of each day.
We are approved by Sheffield City Council to provide homecare services and are rated as Good in all areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
About the role
Report to: Service Managers
The Administration Assistant is part of the care team and as such will have contact with clients and many health care professionals. You must maintain a friendly manner and confidentiality about all the issues discussed in the office.
- To work closely with Service Manager, assisting in any matters arising, maintaining business continuity in day-to-day tasks.
- To become familiar with and adhere to Intercare Services policies and procedures with particular regard to Confidentiality, Health and Safety and General Data Protection Regulation.
- To provide general office and administration support services.
- To undertake general office duties, for example, answering the telephone, taking messages, filing, photocopying, handling incoming and outgoing post, etc.
- To communicate with staff and visitors on a daily basis, providing support where required and working to help resolve any issues with the use of verbal and non-verbal, formal and informal communication methods.
- To arrange and administer meetings / conferences /events, including booking venues, the preparation and distribution of papers.
- Under supervision produce accurate letters, minutes, reports and maintain databases etc., as required.
- Under supervision develop and maintain administrative support systems, including bring forward files and manual and electronic filing systems, ensuring that systems are effective in their use and are reviewed regularly.
- To assist with the ordering of supplies as appropriate.
- Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team.
- To record and securely store information relating to confidential matters and enquiries.
- To update and monitor the computer systems such as People Planner as and when necessary.
- To be flexible and adaptable in participating in other jobs that are necessary for the smooth running of the business.
- To promote, ensure and maintain good reputation of Intercare Services.
- To carry out any other appropriate duties requested by your line manager.
- Relevant experience in administration background.
- Good Standard of general education to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Keyboard/Word Processing experience
- Microsoft Office software experience
- Customer Care experience
- Work experience (paid or voluntary)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent time management skills, to help keep us and you on track
- Quick learner
- Ability to retain information
- High level of professional presentation
- Able to travel on a daily basis to permanent place of work
- Full time
- £8.72 per hour
- Free Uniform
- Financial Wellbeing Benefits Package
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Employee reward platform
- Personal accident / accidental death cover
- No upfront DBS cost