a difference today
Intercare provides high-quality homecare services to people living in many localities in Sheffield.
We believe everyone should be able to make the most of every-day life regardless of age or ailments.
Intercare provides a personal GP-led, high quality, integrated homecare service to people living across Sheffield.
We can do this because we are part of the Primary Care Sheffield group, owned by the GPs of Sheffield, with a social purpose; care comes before profit.
About the role
This is a responsible and rewarding role with opportunity for progression. You will get to know our clients and spend time building trust and friendship. You will assist with and providing personal care in line with care plans and support people with taking medication.
- Getting to know our service users and building trust and friendship
- Assisting with and providing personal care in line with care plans
- Supporting people with taking medication
- Enabling independence as much as possible
- Providing meals and dietary care
- Assistance with domestic duties
- Use of lifting equipment
- Record keeping of support provided
- Reporting of any concerns to supervisors
- Supporting people with mobility
Areas we are recruiting in:
North – High Green, Parson Cross, Stocksbridge, Chapeltown, Burncross, Grenoside, Hillsborough, Outibridge, Deepcar, Ecclesfield and surrounding areas. South – Woodseats, Dore, Norton, Lodgemoor, Fulwood, Jordanthorpe, Crosspool and surrounding areas.
Note that this role is subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Appointment is conditional on successful applicants providing evidence to our satisfaction that they are vaccinated, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.
You will be enthusiastic and able to use your own initiative. The ideal person needs to have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working independently in a supported environment.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A drive and enthusiasm that matches our vision,
- The ability to use your own initiative,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to work on your own but also as a team player,
- The commitment and passion to keep our service users safe
- The skills to support people to remain independent in their own homes living fulfilled lives for as long as possible
As a valued member of our team, you would receive:
£2,100 a month full-time equivalent | Company Pension | 45p/mile fuel payment | 28 days paid holiday
- Fully paid induction
- Fully paid training leading to professional qualifications
- Contracted hours
- Fully flexible working hours
- Company smartphone
- Free DBS & Uniform
- Career progression
- Employment close to home
- Flexible rota working, with options of guaranteed hours
- Smartphone app care planning technology – excellent digital work systems to keep you safe
- Access to pension scheme
- Free ‘Blue Light’ discount card