a difference today
Care Assistant – North Sheffield
Intercare provides high-quality homecare services to people living in many localities in Sheffield. We believe everyone should be able to lead a full and healthy life regardless of age or ailments.
What does high quality mean?
Quite simply, effective home care is more than just helping with the daily routine. Our Care Workers give continuity in personal relationships, support with personal care and domestic tasks, but also offer wider support such as making GP or other appointments and helping at those appointments if needed.
We can do this because we are part of the Primary Care Sheffield group, owned by the GPs of Sheffield, with a social purpose; care comes before profit. We are all about people – the best Carers give the best service and have the best job satisfaction at the end of each day.
We are approved by Sheffield City Council to provide homecare services and are rated as Good in all areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We take care to match Care Workers to service users they can get on with, matching shared interests and personalities. We are always keen to add the right people to our team. Even if you never thought of yourself as a Care Worker, this could well be the right move for you – let us show you what a great job it can be!
About the role
- Getting to know our service users and building trust and friendship
- Assisting with and providing personal care in line with care plans
- Supporting people with taking medication
- Enabling independence as much as possible
- Providing meals and dietary care
- Assistance with domestic duties
- Use of lifting equipment
- Record keeping of support provided
- Reporting of any concerns to supervisors
- Supporting people with mobility
Areas you will cover:
High Green, Parson Cross, Stocksbridge, Chapeltown, Burncross, Grenoside, Hillsborough, Outibridge, Deepcar and Ecclesfield.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A drive and enthusiasm that matches our vision,
- The ability to use your own initiative,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to work on your own but also as a team player,
- The commitment and passion to keep our service users safe
- The skills to support people to remain independent in their own homes living fulfilled lives for as long as possible
A full driving license is required for this position.
As a valued member of our team, you would receive:
- Great job satisfaction – you will be appreciated!
- Good rates of Pay – £9.25- £9.75 per hour
- £13+ per hour on bank holidays
- Full PPE will be provided
- Employment close to home
- Flexible rota working, with options of guaranteed contracted hours
- Smartphone app care planning technology – excellent digital work systems to keep you safe
- Company mobile phone? Or contribution to own phone?
- Paid travel time
- Access to pension scheme
- Paid Training time leading to Care Certificate qualification and NVQ where appropriate
- Support from a personal Mentor
- Free uniform
- 28 paid holiday days per annum (full time, or pro-rata)
- Member of the Care Workers Charity