a difference today
Homecare Quality and Compliance Officer
Intercare provides high-quality homecare services to people living in many localities in Sheffield. We believe everyone should be able to lead a full and healthy life regardless of age or ailments.
What does high quality mean?
Quite simply, effective home care is more than just helping with the daily routine. Our Care Workers give continuity in personal relationships, support with personal care and domestic tasks, but also offer wider support such as making GP or other appointments and helping at those appointments if needed.
We can do this because we are part of the Primary Care Sheffield group, owned by the GPs of Sheffield, with a social purpose; care comes before profit. We are all about people – the best Carers give the best service and have the best job satisfaction at the end of each day.
We are approved by Sheffield City Council to provide homecare services and are rated as Good in all areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
About the role
Reporting to: Service Managers
- To ensure the services are compliant with legal and contractual requirements.
- To manage and maintain Intercare Service’s quality assurance framework, including policies and procedures.
- To assist in the continuous improvement and high compliance levels of the services we provide.
- Reporting to the service manager, ensuring compliance with the organisation’s performance standards and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate the production and analysis of audits and to produce action plans as required.
- Daily record log/financial transaction/Mar chart and other spot checks and audits
- Medication audits and manage the use of medication administration record services
- Compliance audits
- Produce performance reports
- Lead Investigation of complaints, compliments and safeguarding’s including SCC IRF reports, attend any necessary meetings or visits to clients
- Audit of care worker and clients individual personnel files with actions, timescales and evidence of action taken
- Liaise with both social workers and other professionals re complaints or un towards incident reports
- Work with care coordinators, carers and care support officers to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure all Intercare policies and procedures are up to date and implemented
- Ensure all reconciliation requirements are complete and report to the finance/payroll officer
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post, as required
- In case of emergency to provide care to clients within your working time.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
- Ability to work in accordance with company policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Relevant experience in homecare management and compliance.
- Good understanding of current GDPR protection legislation and/ a willingness to learn/improve knowledge of Intercare statutory obligations.
- Understand how a domiciliary care services operate.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to use the internet to extract and monitor emerging compliance areas.
- Knowledge of database records and extracting/interpreting information.
- Good typing and communication skills (written and verbal), including letter writing skills.
- Ability to recall detailed information and explain it to others.
- Able to attend occasional planned meetings at any other Intercare services location.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- To understand and deliver professional integrity.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Hold a full UK driving license and use of a vehicle when needed to fulfil your role.
- Part time – 14 hours per week
- £10.98 per hour
- Free Uniform
- Financial Wellbeing Benefits Package
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Employee reward platform
- Personal accident / accidental death cover
- No upfront DBS cost.