Vacancy - Care Worker
Full Time / Part Time and contracted hours available
Intercare Services is a developing local company with an exciting future. Our recent CQC rating was ‘good’ in all areas which confirmed our belief that we are a well managed organisation providing caring and safe support to people in their homes.
We have strong links to the GP community in Sheffield who support our belief that homecare should be better integrated with primary care , but we can only achieve this through a workforce that is valued and supported through regular supervision, trained to our high standards, and for those who have the enthusiasm and commitment to developing the care sector, the opportunity for career progression.
We already have a dedicated team of Care Staff providing excellent care to predominantly older people who want to maintain their independence in their home, although we are currently seeking to recruit new members to the team to help us achieve our vision ’’ to be a key provider of safe and effective home care services that are person centred and integrated with the wider health and social care system, particularly primary care’.
We work predominantly in the North of Sheffield in the Hillsborough, Parson Cross, Grenoside, Oughtibridge, Chapeltown, Stocksbridge, Deepcar, Middlewood, Ecclesfield, Burncross and High Green areas.
If you are interested in applying for this position within Intercare Services please click on the link below to download an application form or send us your CV. Please send your completed application form or CV to email@example.com or call 0114-2134945
The main duties of the role include;
- Assisting with and providing personal care in line with care plans
- Supporting people with taking medication
- Enabling independence as much as possible
- Providing meals and dietary care
- Assistance with domestic duties
- Use of lifting equipment
- Record keeping of support provided
- Reporting of any concerns to supervisors
- Supporting people with mobility
To work for Intercare you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- a drive and enthusiasm that matches our vision,
- the ability to use your own initiative,
- excellent communication skills,
- ability to work on your own but also as a team player,
- the commitment and passion to keep our service users safe
- the skills to support people to remain independent in their own homes living fulfilled lives for as long as possible.
A full driving licence is required.
As a valued member of our team, you would receive;
- Good rates of Pay - £8.75-£9.50 per hour.
- Employment close to home
- Flexible, contracted, block paid hours depending on circumstances
- Contribution towards use of mobile phone
- Travel costs at 25p per mile
- Access to pension scheme
- Paid Training time leading to Care Certificate qualification where appropriate
- Support from an allocated Mentor
- Access to refer a friend scheme
- Up to 28 paid holiday days per annum